It’s important to know about the potential risks and safety hazards associated with your furnace, and ensure you take the proper steps to avoid any danger to yourself and your home. Here are some top furnace safety tips you should follow to keep you and your home safe throughout the winter.
Six Furnace Safety Tips For Winter
- Scheduling regular maintenance: Remember to schedule your annual furnace service in Orlando, FL, with the professionals at Gomez AC to ensure that your furnace is in the best condition and prepared for this winter. Even if everything seems alright and your furnace is working fine, there may be some underlying issues waiting to arise in unexpected situations.
- Check the carbon monoxide detectors: It would help if you remember to replace the batteries of your carbon monoxide detectors and fire alarms to maximize your safety. Carbon monoxide is a harmful, odorless, colorless, tasteless, and undetectable gas unless you have a carbon monoxide detector. This gas can leak inside your home when your HVAC system malfunctions. So you should consider installing these carbon monoxide detectors in your home if you don’t have any.
- Change the filters of the system: If you have not paid attention to the air filter lately, it is time to take a look at it and replace it if it seems dirty. A dirty or clogged air filter risks a system breakdown.
- Keep flammable objects away from the system: During summers, someone might store or keep household items near your furnace when you are not using your furnace. If a flammable object, such as paper and cardboard, etc., accidentally comes in contact with your furnace’s burners, it could lead to a fire accident at home.
It’s best if you always remember to clear anything that presents a risk before winter arrives and turn on the furnace.
- Proper ventilation of the system: Your furnace needs proper airflow to work adequately and heat your home. If your vent is closed, it will make your furnace work hard and overtime to provide even heating in your home, which may lead to breakdowns. It can also lead to leaky ducts, mold growth, a cracked heat exchanger, and carbon monoxide leaks
- Follow furnace safety rules: If you have children in your home, then it is necessary to make everyone aware of the furnace safety rules. It is essential to make everyone in your family understand and follow the safety precautions.
Our team at Gomez AC is ready to provide the best services of heat pump replacement in Orlando, FL. Contact us today!
A furnace system is an utmost necessity in the winter. However, along with its usage, it is also necessary to know about the safety tips to keep safe from any potential risks or accidents.
If you have any questions regarding your furnace or need heating service in Orlando, FL, contact us at Gomez AC and get the best solutions and answers for all your needs. With us, you can ensure a comfortable home without interruptions all year.